[Zope] Zope+Apache+ProxyPass

Ivan Cornell ivan.cornell@framestore.co.uk
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:31:56 +0000

Timothy Wilson wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Stephan Goeldi wrote:
>
> > >Use rewriting rules, eg:
> > >
> > >     ProxyPassReverse / http://www.mysite.com:1485/
> > >     RewriteEngine On
> > >     RewriteLogLevel 0
> > >     RewriteLog "/var/log/httpd/rewrite_log"
> > >     RewriteRule ^/stat/ - [L]
> > >     RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://www.mysite.com:1485/$1 [P]
> > >

> > What do you need ProxyPassReverse for, when you use Rewrite?
>
> I'd like to add my confusion to the mix here. I've followed this thread, but
> I haven't been able to discern the definitive answer here. Simple question
> follows:
>
> Is it possible to use ProxyPass (and thus avoiding PCGI) to serve Zope
> directly from ZServer and still have Apache serve some static content for
> the same host?
>
> For example, I'd like to install webalizer on my Web server for some slick
> graphs and summaries of hits, page views, etc. On a non-Zope site, you view
> those web log reports by visiting http://www.foo.com/webalizer
>
> Can I send all requests except for /webalizer to ZServer using ProxyPass?

That's exactly what I do, down to the webalizer! The above should do it, see
the following howtos for more info:
http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver
http://www.zope.org/Members/shaw/HowTo/ApacheFrontEnd

The one thing I haven't got round to fixing is the apache icons, as it looks
for them in /icons as it browses the static directories and that is currently
being proxied over to zope.

Ivan