[Zope] Renting/buying a dedicated Zope server

Jonathan (Listserv Account) listsmurf@ur.nl
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:40:39 +0100

> My question is: does anyone on the list know of a
> partner that can:
>
> a) sell us the hardware & Apache installation at a lower price
> (keeping in mind the box will have to be shipped to the Netherlands.)
>
> or
>
> b) rent us a server with Apache/Zope installed, and something like
> pc-anywhere running to access it from over here. We would require 24-7
> service (someone to reboot the server if it hangs/crashes,
> not much more.)

We can provide you with either option, right here in the Netherlands.
Managed or unmanaged, on Unix or NT. You can get as much service as you
want, to the point where we'd manage the whole box and you'd only have
to worry about the Zope content.

Option A: We'd have one or our partners build a solid box for somewhere
between 1500 and 2500 Euro, depending on the options you want. We'd
configure it and ship it to the provider of your choice. I am not sure
about Apache on NT/2000, maybe IIS would be a better option.

Option B: Rent a server in the UK Rackspace facility and install the
whole thing. I recommend using Linux or FreeBSD over NT/2000 anytime for
management and security reasons.

If you're interested, contact me off-list at 'admin@ur.nl'.

HTH
Jonathan