[Zope] Bug in dtml-tree (with patch)

Sebastien Nameche snameche@virtual-net.fr
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 20:13:00 +0100

Hi there,

There is a bug into "lib/python/TreeDisplay/TreeTag.py" that prevents
the SQL example that can be found here :
http://www.zope.org/Members/anthony/tree-coding-tricks
from running with MySQL.

The error that is returned by Zope is :
--
Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: call of non-function (type long int)

It's because MySQLDA returns a longint type for int columns of a MySQL
table.

I have made a little patch that corrects the problem. It's available
here : http://www.virtual-net.fr/zope/TreeTag-patch.py.gz

Since I am very surprised nobody found this bug before, I think it may
comes from the version of one og the component I am using. For
information, these are the versions of all the softwares I use :
  Zope: 2.2.5
  MySQL: 3.22.32
  Distutils: 1.0.1
  MySQL-python: 0.3.3
  ZMySQLDA: 2.0.4

--=20
S. Nam=E8che  (snameche@virtual-net.fr)
Soci=E9t=E9 Virtual Net

 Immeuble Gallium                                 T=E9l. +33 2 2321 0630
 80, avenue des Buttes de Co=EBsmes                 Fax. +33 2 9938 1685
 35700 Rennes - France                            Mob. +33 6 1670 2998

--
"It's easy to stop making mistakes, just stop having ideas."