[Zope] How to create a folder for a given user ?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 21:13:57 +0100 (CET)

Emmanuel Viennet writes:

 >  Apologies for these simples questions...
 >
 > What is the correct procedure to follow in order
 > to create a Folder owned by a given user
 > (ie I want to create the equivalent of a unix account
 >  with a home directory).
I fear, the new Zope security model will not support this.
Afaik, the only method to change ownership is "takeOwnership".

 > By the way: in the (near) future I'd like
 > to automate this task (using XML-RPC or some other
 > scripting technique).
 > Where can I find a documentation of the API
 > (I didn't find informations about user creation,
 > ownership change etc in the Zope Book nor in
 > the QuickStart help).
The most relevant object is the UserFolder (defined
in "AccessControl.User"), usually called "acl_users".

You can look into the sources or use my DocFinder product.

Dieter