[Zope] manage_workspace redirected to index_html

Dan Connolly connolly@w3.org
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 01:40:10 -0600

I've tried to install zope twice recently; both
times, I've follwed the directions up to the
point where you're supposed to get the management
view of the root folder. I get the contents of
index_html in the frame on the right.

Turns out the manage_workspace is getting
redirected for some reason:

connolly@shoal:~/DIST$ wget http://tux.w3.org:5500/manage_workspace
--01:23:23--  http://tux.w3.org:5500/manage_workspace
           => `manage_workspace'
Connecting to tux.w3.org:5500... connected!
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily
Location: http://tux.w3.org:5500/index_html [following]
--01:23:24--  http://tux.w3.org:5500/index_html
           => `index_html.1'
Connecting to tux.w3.org:5500... connected!

I've been following directions from the Zope Book,
esp chapter 2.
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/UsingZope.dtml

I also checked
  http://www.zope.org/Members/hgebel/HowTo/FirstZope

when I download the zope 2.3.0 source and build it per the\
instructions, the second screenshot in
http://www.zope.org/Members/hgebel/HowTo/FirstZope
is *not* what I see.

help? clues?