[Zope] DTML documents as properties of python product classes

Randall F. Kern randy@spoke.net
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:38:01 -0800

That message probably means there is a syntax error.  If you select your
product in the control panel, it will show you the details.

As for using the DTML document, you will need to call it at the end of
your function:
	return self.vote_results(self, self.REQUEST)

-Randy
-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Alperin [mailto:KAlperin@ignitemedia.com]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 5:51 PM
To: Zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] DTML documents as properties of python product classes

Greetings Zope folks.  I am a bit of a newbie here and am attempting to
use a DTML document as a property of a class of a python product.  To do
so, I have done the following (using the TutorialPoll as my example):
#...snip
    vote_results =3D Globals.HTMLFile("vote_results", globals())
    def castVote(self, choice):
        "Votes for a choice"
        vote_count =3D self.getVotesFor(choice)
        self._votes[choice] =3D vote_count + 1
        return self.vote_results
#the rest of my class

Upon restarting Zope, I get "(This object from the TutorialPoll product
is broken!)" next to my object in the management interface.
Any incite that any of you can provide would be most appreciated.
Thanks so much,
Keith R. Alperin