[Zope] How to properly do navigation Bar without un-authorized sub-objects?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:29:04 -0500

On 27 Feb 2001, at 9:15, Casey Duncan wrote:

> OK, how about if you call AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_permission() on each
> NavBar method to see if the user has rights to call it?

That does not work either. When I get the object to pass to
has_permission, authentication kicks in.

Here's what I'm doing

/
  Z (folder)
      ShowNavBar Method

       Admin (folder)   (No rights to this folder)
          ShowNavBar Method

I need to know if the authenticated user (who may be anonymous) has
rights to view Admin and/or Admin.ShowNavBar

Seems there's no way to get the Admin object for use with
has_permission without firing off authentication.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements