[Zope] dynamic & automatic 3 level navigation bar ?

Georg Hoermann georg@toppoint.de
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:41:26 +0100

Hallo Zope-world,

I have a problem I think someone *must* have already
solved.=20
I am (relatively) new to zope and I want to offer zope as=20
an easy to use  simple
CMS for our scientists and students. The put their stuff/files
into zope and thats it. No fuzzing around with navigation bars,
frames and so if they do not want.=20
They will create rather deep file-hierarchies and the navigation bar
taken from standard_header. This is where my problem comes in:=20

I need a simple (text is enough) navigation bar which shows a menu of
(all) the entries/folders at the actual, the parent and the
child level. So even at level 20 there would only be a
simple 3-level navigation bar with the actual position
in the middle which adapts itself dynamically to the position
within the file system.

All the navigation bars I encountered up to now (including the
tree tag) clutter the screen if the hierarchy becomes to deep/large,
must by manually created and maintained or do not adapt
to the hierarchy level.

Is there a solution or could anyone help me with this ?
If someone could program it I promise to write a decent
documentation and do the polishing 8-).=20
I learned a lot about zope=20
looking at the code of the existing products but
I am fed up in the mixture of many differents manuals,
164 HowTos, the source code and the zope book.

Thanks & Greetings

Georg

--=20
Georg Hoermann, Ecosystem Research Center, Kiel University, Germany
Tel. #49-431-880-4029, fx: -4083 Home: 0451/47 70 32, -33 fax, 0172/431 =
57 15
schorsch@ecology.uni-kiel.de