[Zope] Optimization

Paul Zwarts paul.zwarts@oratrix.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:30:48 +0100

Hi Zoperopes....

Im nearing completion of my site and though Im new to python and zope,
I've gotten a mile out of the meter of funcitonality. Im very happy with
it,. But next I raise the issue of speed.... Im wondering what are the
evaluating criteriea for the response speed of Zope....

Say for instance, you use heavy namespace access, does it slow the
system down much?
How about for dbms calls? Im using SQLSession quite heavily to store
parameters that are required to run the site.
Also, Im pretty stupid when it comes to this ZClass stuff, so I've just
worked around it by using close to 150 SQL methods and EVERYTHING is in
the DBMS. Not only by idiocy, but because the site was ramped out of
another webapp system and it seemed easier to just keep using the dbms
data for everything.....

Also, is there a product that can do timegating and performance testing
on zope?

Thanks as always,
Paz