[Zope] Why require "Manager" for changing Z SQL Method?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:59:43 +0100 (CET)

Kyler B. Laird writes:
 > I think I've determined that a user *must*
 > have "Manager" role in order to edit a Z SQL
 > Method.  The setting of "Change Database
 > Method" doesn't seem to matter.  I even gave
 > it to Anonymous and it wouldn't go.
This came up recently in the list.

I think, this is a bug.

I use my DocFinder product

  URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/DocFinder.html

to analyse the problem:

  while "manage_edit" correctly follows the "Change Database" permission,
  "manage_main" is fixed to "Manager" while it should depend
  on "View Management screens".

I do not yet know, why this is the case. Maybe,
DTMLFile objects define a "__roles__" attribute with
role "Manager".

 > Does someone have a quicky patch/kludge to
 > get around this for awhile?  It's not
 > immediately obvious to me how to bypass it.
You may try to call "manage_edit" directly.

Dieter