[Zope] Zope and Apache: root of ZODB reference problem?

Darran Edmundson dee124@rsphy1.anu.edu.au
Fri, 7 Jan 100 17:48:55 +1100 (EST)

Hi Zopesters,

We have a problem with our Zope under Apache installation.
Namely, the rename|cut|copy|delete|export buttons do not work
for checkbox selections in the root of the ZODB.

    [check any item in the root, ie. "standard_html_header"]
    [hit any of the above-named buttons, ie. "rename"]

    Not Found
    The requested URL /optics was not found on this server.

The problem seems to be a missing terminal slash in the
URL generated by the management interface web pages.  That
is, on our system Apache requires URLs of the form
http://our.ip.address/optics/ to find the Zope cgi script.
The rewrite rule for our installation is:

    RewriteRule ^/optics/(.*) /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/$1
    [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

Any ideas about how to circumvent this problem?  (A non-Zope aside,
can I intercept the URL that is being generated by my browser
when using forms if I can't get access to the Apache logs?)

Any help is much appreciated.

Darran.