[Zope] Zope, Dreamweaver and WebDAV

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:18:47 +0100

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 01:40:56PM +0900, Yves-Eric Martin wrote:
>     I was wondering if anyone has succeeded in getting Dreamweaver to
> talk to Zope over WebDAV? It only partly works for me: I list
> directories and download files, but when I try to
> upload/rename/newdir/etc... basically, anything that requires write
> access, I always get an "Unable to authenticate with server" error. I
> checked my login/password with another WebDAV client (IE) and it works
> fine. Any clue welcome.

Dreamweaver's WebDAV code has some serious flaws in it. I have sent
messages about this to the Zope list before; you'll find those in the
archives.

Macromedia is aware of the problems, and has promised me in December that
they were fixing it. Unfortunately, I have yet to see proof of this
claim.

--
Martijn Pieters