[Zope] A little help on path namespace

Ausum augusto@artlover.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:18:35 -0500

   I have this folder structure:
       folder0.folder1.folder2.folder3.object1
and I want to call within object1, properties from an object0 located at
folder1 (within the tree). I know that something like this would work:

<dtml-with "folder1.object0">
<dtml-var anyproperty>
</dtml-with>

   But I would like to find an "automatic" way, for wich I don't have to write
the "folder.object0" thing, because the code will be used in a product, and it
must be able to be used at any folder level.
   Is there a Python or DTML function that could locate the current object
within the tree, and then look backwards for another object?  (I haven't find
it so far). Any other ideas if not?

Thanks in advance,

Ausum