[Zope] alternative storage managers ?

Christoph Wierling wierling@molgen.mpg.de
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:38:03 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I would like to store several huge data-objects (10Mb and more) in the
ZODB by use of ZOPE (Zope-2.3.0b1), but in my first tries I discovered,
that the access to folders that include several huge objects becomes very slow.
I already tested the BerkeleyDB as an alternative --- it helped a little
bit, but I had problems to get rid of unreferenzed objects by packing the
BerkeleyDB; only the referenzes were deleted, but not the
corresponding data in the BerkeleyDB.

Does anybody know, if there are other alternative storage managers
available? In the "ZODB How-To" relational storage managers are mentioned,
but it's also mentioned that they are still experimental.
For example is it possible to use the mySQL-DB and if so, where can I find
infos about that stuff?

Or is it necessary to store these objects externally as pickle-objects and
store only a referenz to them in the ZODB ?

best regards,
Christoph