[Zope] User Sessions

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 23:09:59 -0000

> This is an area of Zope that deserves a lot of attention.

Hmmm... I have an idea

I know it changes the interface, which is bad, but I think it's needed and
provides a pretty generic solution to a lot of problems:

How about making user objects implement the mapping interface just like
Session Tracking objects do? This could be implemented persistently in the
standard acl_users folder, but things like LoginManager could store stuff
however they wanted.

I know this doesn't solve the problem of users changing their own names
(which is what I think you were talking about) but it would make a lot of
applications simpler and mean a lot more people could go without the pain of
having to learn how to use LoginManager.

What have I missed?

cheers,

Chris