[Zope] ZMySQLDA and Zope 2.3.0

Markus Kemmerling markus.kemmerling@mediaweb.at
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:50:39 +0100

> I got the same problem with MySQLDA 1.2.
>=20
> So, I have switched to MySQLDA 2.0.4 and MySQLdb 3.0.2.=20
> Everything working=20
> now.... but I have to go to Python 2.0.=20
> With python 1.5.2 I have problems when sql tables has some int=20
> fields (it get=20
> followed by an L).

And I got this problem some time ago, when I tried to use MySQL =
functions like COUNT. I suppose that MySQL integers are much bigger than =
Pythons (about 11 bytes long; that seems to depend on the platform, =
too), so you get a long integer back (that's the L). I am not quite =
shure about all this, but declaring the integer-fields to be only 4 =
bytes long in MySQL, INT(4), solved the problem.

Markus Kemmerling