[Zope] Little Zope horror story

Shai Berger shai@aristocart.com
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 20:36:21 +0200

> | fuser -n tcp -ikv 8080
>
> This isn't available on BSD systems.
>
> I'm sure this is a Linux only utility,

Actually, at least on our RedHats it's called lsof (LiSt Open Files).
As far as I know, it won't kill for you, but I've been using it a lot
to counter situations a lot like Dieter's (I missed his original
story somehow). In my case, the stuck processes were little Oracle
threads (processes?).

lsof -i lists internet files with the processes that hold them.
"lsof -i | grep 8080" became an idiom. I haven't gotten yet to the part
where I awk the output to get a list of pids to kill, but I might...

Have fun,
	Shai.