[Zope] zope and servlet

Jonathan (Listserv Account) listsmurf@ur.nl
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:20:06 +0100

> It seems that the Zope developers is not really interesting by a
> java integration  - Why ? At least, ejb & servlet are well used in
> a lot of companies. So, a product like Zope is usefull for them if
> and only if it can call some requests to some java components from
> zope.

Most of those companies have made a significant investment in Java
technology, in hardware, software and human resources (train your
people) and learning another environment, another programming language
is not always a sound investment if your people talk Java as well their
native language. There are 'political' reasons as well, won't get into
that.

Personally I would have a good look at xmlBlaster, an open source,
XML/Corba based MOM (message oriented middleware) that supports Java as
well Python (among other languages). Seems to support XML-RPC (Zope does
too). Have Zope talk to xmlBlaster and it could interface with almost
any other product out there, whether it's Java, CORBA or XML based.

Very cool stuff, haven't tried it with Zope yet though. Check it out:

 http://www.xmlblaster.org/

HTH
Jonathan