[Zope] User Specifies dtml template

Roberto Lupi lupex@lupex.net
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 01:48:22 +0100

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 03:00:00PM +0000, Tom Freeman wrote:
> hi,
>
> How can I create a user defined dtml document?

[ SNIP ]

> how can I do this? is this possible?
>
> thanks in advance for any feedback,
> cheers,
> Tom.

I've hacked up a simple product to build objects from templates, it's
available on zope.org:

	http://www.zope.org/Members/lupex/Templates

It uses Zope cut&paste facilities to make a copy of the chosen template
- which can be  any object which is inside a Repository object in the current
acquisition path, multiple repositories are supported.

I've not made it public as the current release has a major fault: the object
Id cannot be set during object creation, you'll have to rename it manually.

This product works only with Zope v2.3.0, however porting it to previous
releases should be trivial (after all, this product IS trivial).

--
Roberto Lupi