[Zope] Filtering Free E-mail (OT? Was: 20 Million...)

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 19:59:36 -0800

"Jonathan (Listserv Account)" wrote:

> > TO BE REMOVED FROM FUTURE MAILINGS, SIMPLY REPLY TO THIS
> > MESSAGE AND PUT "REMOVE" IN THE SUBJECT.
>
> Maybe a bit off topic, but is it feasible to block access to
> mailinglists in general from free e-mail addresses like Hotmail, MSN,
> Excite, Yahoo! etc. to avoid these kinda messages?

I don't block spam these days, instead I use
http://spamcop.net to report spam incidences. This tends to
get spammers shut down *real* fast. As a result, I only get
about 4 spams a day. I report any spams to this mailing list
as well.

I reccomend that you check out Spamcop.net, it's very
satisfying to get reports back from service providers like
UUNet, Yahoo, etc., that they have shut down the spammer. It
also reports any open relays to MAPS and ORBS, and digs out
the actual hosting company for any URL's (even mangled ones)
so they get notified to shut down the (typically free)
websites as well.

HTH,

Michael Bernstein.