[Zope] FreeBSD "new" bugg

Neil Blakey-Milner nbm@mithrandr.moria.org
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:55:06 +0200

On Fri 2001-02-09 (09:00), Johan Carlsson wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what the "new" bugg is and
> how to solve it when installing Zope from source
> on a FreeBSD?
>
> Does this bugg occur on other BSD's as well?
>
> Regards,
> Johan Carlsson
>
> PS. Cat get the Zope-2.3.0 port for FreeBSD to install
> correctly either, but this might be my bad.
> If it's not, any tips would be welcome.

You need to reinstall the python-1.5.2 package, as it doesn't come with
the 'new' module.  The python-1.5.2_1 package has the 'new' module -
just cvsup ports and build it from ports/lang/python15.

Zope 2.3.0 works from ports so long as the 'new' module is in your
python. (I maintain the ports skeleton for Zope on FreeBSD).

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@mithrandr.moria.org