[Zope] Connection string for Z MySQL adapter?

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:09:37 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Ignacio Valdes wrote:

> Hello all, I've added a Z MySQL adapter and it asks for a 'Database
> Connection String' Can't figure out what it wants from the release notes
> page for the product. Does anyone know what goes in this field? My
> database name is lmnlib and has been created on the server. -- IV

When you add the connection object, it should be pretty clear how to do
this...

If your MySQL server is on the same box as your Zope server, you can do
this:

db username password

If your GRANT tables are slack, you don't need username or password.

If it's on a remote server:

db@remote username password

Remote server but weird TCP port:

db@remote:port username password