[Zope] HELP! I Can't Add Users!!!

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:21:47 -0600

Hello Ben.

Don't try to hack the ZODB.  If you have to start hacking it, you won't be
able to stop.  It will become corrupt and then the system goes boom.  I
don't know from your question what platform you are using, but I will try to
help.
*N[IU]X->Delete your Zope directory.
         tar -zxvf Zope-2.3.0.tgz to unzip all the files.  This should
recreate the zope directory.
         see the Zope Book
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/UsingZope.html for install
intructions.
         Login as the superuser.
         Add a user IN THE MANAGE GROUP.
         **CLOSE YOUR BROWSER**
         Login as the new user.
         Away we go...

Win32 -> Go to the zope directory and run UNWISE.exe to uninstall Zope.
         Run the zope installer.
         This will prompt you for a superuser name and password
         Start Zope.
         Login as superuser.
         Add a user IN THE MANAGE GROUP.
         **CLOSE YOUR BROWSER**