[Zope] Newbie needs help with permissions/authorization syste m

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 19:02:37 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Farrell, Troy wrote:

> 1) You must have Manage Properties permission where you try to add the
> ZClass if it gets it's permissions by acquision

The user is anonymous and the place where I try to add the instances of
the ZClass is the Folder. I can't find the "Manage Properties" permission
for the folder...

> 2) Under Control_Panel/Products/DeriveClass/DeriveClass/
< Define > Permissions > tab
>     ensure that Permission for this Object: Manage Properties =3D Manage
> Properties

"Manage Properties" were set to "Add DeriveClass". I changed it to "Manage
Properties" and did the same for the base class.

> 3) Under
> Control_Panel/Products/DeriveClass/DerviceClass/propertysheets/common/Nam=
eOf
> PropertySheet/ < Define Permissions > tab
>     ensure that Permission for this Object: Manage Properties =3D Manage
> Properties

That's the case for both classes.
=20
> Hope that works.

It didn't :-( I get the same error as before.

> If you are a newbie, I'm way behind :D I didn't touch ZClasses until
> I'd been using Zope for 6+ Months.

I wish I hadn't to touch ZClasses. If only I could see the code! That Zope
management interface is one of the worst things I've seen in years... and
reading the Zope documentation didn't help figuring out how to turn
existing Zope classes into good old python code.

--=20
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais o=F9 est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (F=
rance)