[Zope] Help: dtml-var expr -> DTML method -> ZSQL method

Martin Andrews mandrews@netgenics.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 14:57:47 -0500

Confused by acquisition again (I think). I have a ZSQL that gets the next value
from a postgres sequence - it has no arguments and the following body - name is
"next_rid":

    select nextval('reservation_id')

I then have a DTML method that returns just the integer result - name is
"get_rid":

    <dtml-return expr="next_rid()[0]['nextval']">

Both of these work fine, and I can put "<dtml-var get_rid>" in another DTML
method and it works fine. What does not work is:

    <dtml-var expr="get_rid()">

Calling from a expression give me a NameError for next_rid.

Help - what am I missing.

Martin

--
Martin Andrews, mandrews@netgenics.com