[Zope] Zope & SSH tunelling

Dimitris Andrakakis dandraka@yahoo.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:38:16 +0200

Hannu wrote:
> I do it all the time by using zope on port 7080 on internal address
> 192.168.10.2 and doing
>
> ssh -C  -L 7080:192.168.10.2:7080 gateway.mynet.ee
>
> while the ssh session is running I can connect to localhost:7080 to
> access remote zope

It worked just great ! I use it normally on port 80, on a machine
with ip, say, 147.102.222.210 name: www.ntua.gr and do:

ssh2 -C -S -L 80:147.102.222.210:80 myusername@www.ntua.gr
(see I've got the newer ssh 2.4.0). -S gives me tunnel only, i.e.
no terminal. I give the password and voila ! I can connect to
http://localhost and /manage etc etc.

One more (stupid probably, please bear with me) question: this doesn't
create any problem with *normal* traffic on port 80, does it ?

TIA,
Dimitris