[Zope] Autocataloging in Zope 2.3.0

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@worldonline.cz
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:07:26 +0100

Hi all,

I followed Automatic Cataloging example in Zope Book, Chapter 9 to the
letter.

The only thing I was not sure about was ZCatalog placement. The example
says to go to the root folder, so I placed ZCatalog (named Catalog) in
the Zope Root folder. Is it right? Can the ZCatalog be placed somewhere
else, like inside the relevant ZClass, or in the instance folder?

Anyway, everything works fine except automatic cataloging of newly
created fields ("author", "content"). When I change data in those
fields it is not reflected in the catalog.

When I add a new instance, it is not included in the catalog.

This can be verified by clicking on the Catalog tab, and choosing the
newly added instance (the page that says "the goal of this page is to
provide basic debugging information about what is in the Catalog on a
specific object.").

Also, calling <dtml-in>Catalog</dtml-in> does not display new/modified
data.

The situation can be rectified by manually clicking Advanced/Update
Catalog (for modified fields) or by Find Objects (for new instances). In
other words, the catalog can only be updated manually.

Strangely, the "date" field does not suffer this problem.

I run Zope 2.3.0 binary release, Linux 2.2.18/RedHat 6.2, and Netscape
4.76

--
Milos Prudek