[Zope] curve ball with <form>

Gary Lowder gary@lowder.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:36:57 -0600

I've got a small form imbedded within a much larger DTML Method.
While coding along I stuck it in there.  Test views of the page work
great.
As soon as I created the DTML Method that the FORM will POST to, I get
this error (now this is only on viewing the Calling Page):

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: argument 1: expected read-only
character buffer, ImplicitAcquirerWrapper found

My form is this:
<form action="del_item" method="POST">
Input reason for deletion:<input type="text" name="reason:text"
size="40">
<input name="delbutton" type="submit" value="Delete Item">
</form>

When the method 'del_item' doesn't exist, the page displays correctly.
As soon as I create the method 'del_item', I can't view this page
anymore without the above error.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?  What would zope care if 'del_item'
existed or not, it apparently doesn't care when it is yet to exist, but
when I create it, the calling page isn't viewable, and I've not even
pressed the 'submit' button.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Gary.