[Zope] self-referencing URL behavioral change in 2.3.0?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
12 Feb 2001 20:53:02 -0700

Sorry for the vague subject, couldn't think of a better one ATM.

I've been a site on 2.2.4, ZEP (041), and use balance
(http://balance.sourceforge.net) to take advantage of multiple
processors.

Balance runs on port 80, and acts as a port forwarder-type setup to
balance between three or four ZEO clients on ports 6011,6012,6013,6014.
(How to coming as soon as I can get this problem fixed ...).

Under Z2.2.4, everything ran fine. under 2.3.0, zope is now outputting
URLs that have the client port tacked into them.

Example of different URLs:
under 2.2.4:
http://www.immortalitysystems.net/Documents

under 2.3.0:
http://www.immortalitysystems.net:6014/Documents

I am running siteroots for some subdomains
(http://zmc.immortalitysystems.net), and am taking advantage of some,
undocumented features (I guess that's what you'd call them) (see above
howto reference ;), so i would rather not create a siteroot in the root
folder that rewrites everything to http://www.immortalitysystems.net.
This is a pure zope solution, no other server available to do the
rewriting. THis solution worked perectly in 2.2.x, what changed, and how
can I get it back?

Bill Anderson

PS, for some reason, I am not receiving the list mail, so please cc me.