[Zope] Putting objects into CoreSessionTracking?

Etienne Labuschagne etiennel@geospace.co.za
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:30:18 +0200

Hi there

I have a normal python class.
The class have as attribute a list.
The list is used to store COM objects.

I want to instantiate an object (instance of the class above) and then:

I want to put the object into a CoreSessionTracking sessionData object so
that the object can live as long as the user's session lasts. I want to add
and remove com objects in the object's list.

When I try to do this, the object will live for a while and then suddenly
dissapear (it seems random to me).  All the other simple attributes in the
session object is not affected (so the session object did not timeout or
something).  When I tried making the simple python object a persistent Zope
object, I ran into cPickle hassles with the COM objects in the list which I
cannot resolve.

What must I do to make my atbitrary object stay alive inside the
sessionObject?

Etienne

Tel: (012) 348 4586
Cel: 082 442 8981