[Zope] LocalFS and relative paths

Ayhan Ergul ergul@ccs.neu.edu
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:16:54 -0500 (EST)

LocalFS is a very useful product, thanks to Jonathan. I'm wondering if
it's possible to specify a relative path in LocalFS, e.g. specifying
'images' as ID and 'projectXYZ/images/' as basepath would mount sth like
'($INSTANCE_HOME)/var/LocalFS/projectXYZ/images'?

This would simplify moving LocalFS-enabled sites from one machine to
another that don't have the same directory structure if you like to keep
your stuff under the Zope tree, rather than at fixed paths. Currently, I
delete LocalFS objects and recreate them when I move a site.

Ayhan

PS: Make this question a feature request if not currently available.