[Zope] Can't login as superuser (or anyone else!)

michael@distractor.com michael@distractor.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:47:51 -0500 (EST)

I know this question has come up before, but none of the other responses
quite fit my situation, so I'm bringing it up again.

My first zope install was on Win2K and everything went fine -- got set up,
logged in, started working. No problem.

Now I am setting up Zope on a RedHat 6.2 server, using

Zope-2.3.0-1.i386.rpm
Zope-pcgi-2.3.0-1.i386.rpm
Apache 1.3.12

Everything installed fine. Browser displays the options page accessible
through /cgi-bin/Zope.cgi, but when I try to access /manage and login
using the superuser account with the default '123' password, the login
fails.

I've changed the password using zpasswd.py and restarted Zope.
Also changed the password editing 'access' directly (and restarted Zope)
Restarted httpd (just for luck).

Each time, the login fails. Any ideas?

Michael Tamblyn
michael@distractor.com