[Zope] Editing with Emacs in Zope 2.3.0

Anselm Lingnau lingnau@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
14 Feb 2001 12:42:11 GMT

I'm trying to use Emacs with ange-ftp to edit DTML code on a remote
Zope 2.3.0 server. My problem is that, when I want to edit a DTML
document with a pathname like »/user@host 8021:/foo/bar/baz«, first of
all I get a dired buffer offering me »baz« (and nothing else), which
is then opened with the name »/user@host 8021:/foo/bar/baz/baz« (in
spite of the fact that »baz« is not a directory). Then afterwards
saving the DTML document fails (which is probably to be expected).

Has anybody else experienced this? I've read the Using Emacs with Zope
howto but it doesn't mention problems like this.

Anselm
An experienced pickup truck driver is a person who's wrecked one. An
inexperienced pickup truck driver is a person who's about to wreck one.
   -- P. J. O'Rourke, *High Speed Performance Characteristics of Pickup Trucks*