[Zope] MailHost product?

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:36:47 +0100

> Hello,
>After upgrading to Zope 2.2.4, I can't mail anymore.
>[longer "case study" deleted=09]
> Please help me! Why is there no good documentation?
> Why is Zope so baaad?

Edwin,
while I agree that searches on zope and in the collector=20
sometimes don't deliver satisfactory results, I can't follow your=20
here.
I tried the same thing that you described, i.e searched for "mailhost".
The 8th link which came back was titled
" Installing and Upgrading Zope ... ".
Clicked there and came to=20
"How-To: Installing and Upgrading Zope 2.X"
at=20
http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO
which clearly can assumed to fit to your situation.

The I seached again for "mailhost" in my browsers search function and the =
first
thing I found was:

"
Now that you've got your list of Products, cross the following off the lis=
t:

ExternalMethod
MIMETools
MailHost
OFSP
ZCatalog
ZGadflyDA
ZSQLMethods

These are core Zope products. They come with all releases of Zope and you =
needn't worry about replacing them in a new Zope install because they're a=
utomagically installed into every version of Zope. Products that you haven=
't crossed off your list are either core products that haven't been releas=
ed before this writing or are products that you've installed yourself. For=
 your "new" Zope to work as your old one did, we'll later need to reinstal=
l any non-core products, so hang on to this list. "

So it seems that this should have provided you some help, because
there isn't a seperate mailhost-product.

How about consulting the above document and checking
whether you might have done something false.

cheers,
oliver