[Zope] PythonScript getting at various Python libraries

Daniel Dittmar dittmar@snafu.de
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:00:30 +0100

> > I'd like to get access to a bunch of libraries that Python has, like "re"
> > and "time" and "xml" and "md5", etc. What is the standard way that I can
> go
> > about doing this?

The problem with putting everything in an External Method is of course
security. Maybe it would be a good idea if there exists a repository of
ExternalModuleImports somewhere at zope.org. These would be
ExternalMethods (or something similar) which import a module, but remove
all defs with security implications (like file access).

That way, security patches are more easily distributed to those
concerned.

Daniel