[Zope] Including remote html-pages on a Zope server (with extracting of the title and body of the remote page)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:56:12 +0100 (CET)

Pieter Biemond writes:
 > I need a script which can insert the contents of an
 > external HTML-page (our old server) into a cell of the table if there is no
 > corresponding file on the Zope-server.
You can have a look at SiteAccess and its AccessRules.

In this context, you may also look at my little tool
"Localizer":

	URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/Localizer.py

It uses SiteAccess to provide localizations for a multi-lingual
Web portal:

  Of cause, you want to have URL references independent
  from the respective language.

  "Localizer" makes this possible:
    It first looks at a language independent place.
    If it finds the necessary object there, it assumes
    it is language independant and delivers it.
    Otherwise, it looks at the place corresponding to
    the prefered language. If the object is there,
    it delivers it.
    Otherwise, it delivers the object in the default
    language or fails if it is not found.

  You recognize that this is quite similar to what you need.

"Localizer" works for Zope 2.1.6, i.e. it is a bit out of time.
It would need some rework for the current Zope 2.3 and
SiteAccess2.

But it might be an excellent example on how you can solve your
problem.

Dieter