[Zope] Help with ZMySQLDA

ghaley@mail.venaca.com ghaley@mail.venaca.com
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 08:52:30 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Norman Khine wrote:

> Hello,
> I am having the following error
>
> Import Traceback
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/home/khine/usr/local/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line
> 537, in import_products
>     product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
>   File
> "/usr/home/khine/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/__init__.py",
> line 106, in ?
>     import sys, os, Globals, DA
>   File "/usr/home/khine/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/DA.py",
> line 108, in ?
>     from db import DB

Hi,

I find these traceback errors to be fairly difficult to interpret unless I
know what code they are referring to, then it's always the last line that
tells me what's wrong, or at least where to start looking for what's
wrong.  If you could copy the dtml code that gives this traceback, it
might help others help you.

A couple of questions (and please forgive me if this is too obvious).

Did you install MySQL on your system and import the ZMySQL zope stuff?

Did you create a database connection?  Zope will need that in order to
open the database you want to querry, manipulate, etc.

ciao!
greg.