[Zope] parsing a textfile line by line

Joh Johannsen jojo@farm9.com
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:01:45 -0800

"Thomas Mühlens" wrote:

> Dear Joh,
>
> thank you  v e r y  much for your help.  Zope happily
> swallowed the code you suggested without complaining.
> We seem to get along a lot better now :)
>
> Originally I wanted to use the textfile as a zope
> Object because I can't access the filesystem on the
> server (yep, it's http://freezope.nipltd.net).  Of
> course it was no problem to parse the data locally and
> import the results to the zope instance on the server.
>
> Just out of curiosity --> even though my problem was
> solved I wonder how this task would be accomplished
> when the textfile is a zope object.

Good question.  I would like to know that also.  At the moment, I'm
having a hard time understanding how to deal with zope objects from
python code.  I'd use zope objects alot more if I did understand this.

Reading a textfile that is a zope object sounds like a good start.
Anyone know how to do that?

For me, that's the hardest thing about dealing with zope.  For a while,
it seems like you are doing the impossible very easily, then something
very easy comes along, and it seems impossible.

Regards,

JJ