[Zope] Webdav / ports

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:35:49 +0100

Dimitris Andrakakis schrieb:

> Philippe wrote:
> > I installed zope (which of course rocks!), and didn't know how to setup
> > webdav with it. Do I have to change something in the start.bat file? Any
> > arguments? It seems that the right one is -W. I'm using zope 2.3 on a win32.
> > Do you have any pointers about this? Anyone doing this on the same kind of
> > machine? What should I type in the open box of ie5? And in office2000?
>
> Although you don't provide some details on your setup (make sure you
> *do* next time you ask !) I suppose you are running Zope on NT or 2000.
> You say "start.bat" don't you ? :-)
>
> IIRC "-W" doesn't have anything to do with Webdav, but with the port.
> So use "-W 80" to run Zope from port 80 instead of editing the z2.py
> file as others have said -of course, both solutions are fine, I just find -w
> a bit more elegant.

The -w switch means HTTP-port in its usual way (probably serving WebDAV
as well)
and coming with 2.3 the new switch -W for a DAV-only server.
Its mentioned in the changes.

With -W you can have a DAV-Server (for IE's webfolder on another Port
(or IP) If you have 2 IPs (you always have, you can use localhost
[127.0.0.1]
and your Ethernet-cards IP. you can do: z2.py -X -w ethernetip:80 -W
localhost:80
The -X switches off all default servers.

Regards
Tino