[Zope] Zope products install issue

Andrei Cenja cnj@finsiel.ro
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:46:00 +0200

Hello !

I've successfully installed Zope 2.3.0 on an Intel machine running RHL 7.0.

But when I try to install additional modules for Python (mysqlmodule, for
instance), they "discover" the RH Python and happily install themselves into
/usr/lib/python/site-packages. So when  I install the MySQL DA in the Zope
Products directory, it reports that Python can't find the mysqlmodule, which
is no surprise as Zope comes with and runs on its own Python.

So I have to copy the site-packages directory from the RH 7 Python to the
Zope Python, and then everything works out fine. But this isn't an elegant
way at all. Could someone give me a hint to solve this some other way ?
Or tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Thank you.
Andrei Cenja, Bucharest, Romania.