[Zope] parsing a textfile line by line

Thomas Mühlens tomeins@yahoo.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:06:00 -0800 (PST)

The idea is simple:  How can I access a textfile
(which is a zope object  n o t  a file stored in some
"var" folder on your harddisk) and interpret the data
line by line (preferably not using external methods
but using python scripts which are zope objects, too).
 I don't see any potential security violations (zope's
paranoid sometimes) so it should be possible.

This seems to be a difficult task in zope because,
like Joh said, very simple processes have to be
externalized (e.g. external methods)  Well, once I
start using external processes my code get's
fragmented and scattered over scripts in various
external folders.  My vision, and that's why I'm using
zope and not php, is to keep my code in one place (the
zope object database file data.fs) and object oriented
(it's a bummer to always change code in various
places).

Then again, it might just be my poor zope zen :) or
thin documentation of zope to solve such simple
problems.