[Zope] performance problem

Torsten Gallmeister galle@rostock.zgdv.de
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:10:45 +0100

Hai,

First thanks for your tips.
The main problem was, I think the short memory. If ZOPE swaps to much, when its active,
the performance goes deep  down. I use alkaline search, for the sitesearch.In default it
starts some threads- too heavy requests for this machine. The server was near stopping;
only swapping.  Playing around with cache-parameters and 2 serverthreads didnt help. Now
the server solves the "alkaline test" and stays by an acceptabe processsize. In addition
to the memory upgrade I changed some details in the LocalFS, what saved some MB's too.

Torsten.