[Zope] Users/Roles in ZClasses/Products

Bodo Bauer bb@bb-zone.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:48:34 -0800

--LvlcLv3JjFtLV6y2

Hi,

I am developing a Zope product with several classes and subclasses there in.

Everything works fine so far, but the next step is to add user logins and
permissions to the whole structure. While I see how this is done on instanc=
es
of objects, I didn't find any way to put role based permissions and role
definitions into the classes defined in the product.

I found a howto talking about this, but ony in respect of 'hand coded'
products. So far I could do everything in dtml and would love to keep it
this way. Am I lost or is there a way to do this?

An example of what I like to do is to define a role 'registered_user' and
restrict access to certain methods to this role. I will nedd 2 or three
different roles to implement different levels of access.

Thanks,
	BB
--=20
Bodo Bauer                                                    bb@bb-zone.com
PGP Available                                             http://bb-zone.com
C8  1A  71  72  15 21  E2  EF  98  DF  EF  CF  17  8A  DF  48 3C  10  FA  3A

--LvlcLv3JjFtLV6y2

--LvlcLv3JjFtLV6y2--