[Zope] Problem using AUTHENTICATED_USER

Jérôme Loisel jerome@levinux.org
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:44:30 -0500

Hi folks!

I am somewhat unable to check whether or not the user has manager access to
some object object. The following does not work as expected:

<dtml-if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role('Manager', _.getitem('.news'))">
  <P>Blah.</P>
</dtml-if>

Instead of getting a true result if the user has manager acces to the .news
item (a folder), I get a true result if the user has manager access to his
context.

Related question: How do I access AUTHENTICATED_USER from Python?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks,

Jérôme Loisel.

PS: Shouldn't there be separate mailing lists for different types of users?
Content managers probably have different questions from (beginning)
developpers...

--
Jérôme Loisel
Lévinux: GNU/Linux dans les communautés à Lévis