[Zope] Advice on searching/indexing Word documents?

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 00:30:11 +0000

Alex,

If your running Zope on Win32 you could use COM to snatch the text fairly
easily and quickly.

The COM interface to Word is well documented in the help files (if they're
not installed, you'll find them on the CD).

I used this technique to create XML from Word in the past and it works (was
too slow for my needs tho, YMMV)

hth

Phil
phil.harris@zope.co.uk