[Zope] Core Session Tracking kudos & namespaces

Bob Sidebotham bob_sidebotham@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 20:55:55 -0800 (PST)

The advantage of the last form (below), is that you can use
acquisition, and don't need to know whether the variable came from the
session or from elsewhere. If you *really* want it to come from the
session only, you can always add the "only" tag to the dtml-with call.

In conjunction with this, it might be nice to have a special call that
sets the variable, if defined by acquisition, in the session. Something
like <dtml-call "sessionmanager.getSessionData.set('a')"> would set "a"
to the acquired value for "a", leave it undefined if not defined, and
not change it if it was not acquirable elsewhere (the acquired value
would take precedence over the session value).

Even better would be if I could just say <dtml-call
"SESSION.set('a')">.

Bob