[Zope] First Project

Koch Marc Marc.Koch@dexia-bil.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:12:35 +0100

Thank you,

...for your tip with the PARENTS[0].objectValues('File')

Please let me ask your advice on how to realize the following:

I would like to build an application for handling development requests.
These requests should be submitted by our end-users through our Intranet to
my team. We then look at each new request and dispatch it to one or more
development team for approval (or rejection). At this stage:
- The end-user should be able to see that his request has been dispatched
- The concerned development team(s) should see that there is a new request,
they could look at it and accept it or reject it and give a comment
When all the teams have replied, my team would add a summarized comment to
the request and the end-user should be able to see this. At this point, the
request handling for my team is at its end.

Requests should be submitted by a Web-Form and may contain an arbitrary file
(eg. Word Document).
The end-user and the development team should see only what they are
concerned with.
My team needs a global overview.

Do I need a database or would basic Zope objects work? Where to begin? I
feel that there should be a 'Request' object (document or method?) with a
few methods for adding, dispatching, ...

Thanks for any advice

[One way of learning is by doing]

Un courrier électronique n'engage pas son émetteur. Tout message susceptible de comporter un engagement doit être confirmé par un écrit dûment signé.

An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to a binding engagement must be confirmed in writing and duly signed.

Ein elektronischer Brief bzw. eine elektronische Nachricht ist für den Absender nicht verbindlich. Jede Nachricht,  welche eine Verpflichtung beinhaltet, muß schriftlich bestätigt und ordnungsgemäß unterzeichnet werden.