[Zope] Deleting Connection that hangs Zope

Spicklemire, Jerry Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 13:46:41 -0500

Steve suggested:

> You could remove the adaptor Product from Zope the Zope Products
> folder and restart, the object will be broken, but deletable, then
> restore the Product and restart Zope.

Good Idea! That's about as simple as this sort of
thing can get, I suspect.

>> Has anyone found a good way to delete a Database
>> Connection that hangs Zope at startup? The
>> connection seems to be waiting "forever", and so
>> there is no access to the Zope interface, so of
>> course I can't delete, or disable the offending
>> object.

>> If there were just a way to set it to not connect
>> immediately, prior to startup, that should be
>> sufficient. The general question is, "How do you
>> access a Zope Object, without running Zope?"

I was finally motivated enough to fire up Ty Sarna's
Tranalyzer ( http://www.zope.org/Members/tsarna/Tranalyzer )
which makes it quite painless to find a point at which
to truncate (the last few records of) the /var/data.fs
file.

Thanks!
Jerry S.