[Zope] Zope eating CPU/RAM - how do I find the culprit?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 23:10:33 +0100 (CET)

Oliver Bleutgen writes:
 > Shouldn't tags for creating sql-statements in ZSQL
 > (like dtml-sqltest) quote the variables by default in order
 > to prevent unexpected conversions by the database?
Did you check, that standard SQL supports quoted
names?

Even if it does, the proposed change will probably break
lots of existing code.
I fear, in our projects, the fact that case does not matter
has been widely used.
We would have to change hundreds of SQL methods
after the proposed change.

For new projects, I would like to have it your way.
However, this will be difficult to achieve.

Dieter