[Zope] Acquisition: DTML Methods vs Documents

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@mail2.phd.pp.ru>
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:58:41 +0300 (MSK)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > http://phd.russ.ru/pcgi/TEST/2/index_html
> >    WOW! It show foobar again from root, not from /TEST/2!
> > standard_html_header acquires using static path provided by index_html!
>
> You started acquisition from index_html. Since it has no foobar, it looked
> into its own container, /TEST, then in root.

   Exactly as I wrote - in this situation standard_html_header acquires
using static path provided by index_html :(

> You can but the "problem" in your case, comes from the acquisition of an
> index_html document in a different folder. I suggest to add index_html
> documents in every folder *or* make index_html a method (this is what I
> use).

   There are many Documents on my site, not only index_html. Should I make
them all Methods? Why after this I need Documents at all?

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru